MyPoints is one of the most popular options for those looking for a secondary income. It offers a wide range of options to earn mypoints, has a good redemption policy, and has been around for a long time. But people should be wary of online survey sites, as this industry contributes to the growth of fraudsters. Here is how it went – Mypoint.
Since Swagbucks recently acquired it, MyPoints members are concerned that the program may not be able to maintain the same high level of integrity and quality of experience in the future.
Is MyPoints a real business option, or is it just another racket waiting to steal your money? I tested it for a month to see if these fears were justified, and this is what I found.
My Experience Using MyPoints
MyPoints has actively rewarded users for their participation for almost a quarter of a century. Also, online reviews for this site are generally positive and MyPoints has an A rating from the Better Business Bureau. All of this gives MyPoints a lot of clout and gains credibility, which is a good thing in this industry.
MyPoints is much more than just an online record factory. In fact, there are a number of ways to earn reward points, like watching videos, shopping through partner sites, and even playing video games. MyPoints has more to offer its members than most online survey programs.
MyPoints signup process
Registering for MyPoints is relatively fast. if it works.
In theory, it will answer some basic questions like your date of birth, email address and zip code.
Once this is done, you will receive a confirmation email that will allow you to choose an account password and start working.
All process should only take a few seconds. Unfortunately, I had a hard time with this process. Maybe because my VPN wasn’t working properly, I wasn’t able to log into my account initially.
Fortunately, MyPoints customer service was able to guide me through the problem and I had no problems afterwards
MyPoints user experience
Overall, I am very satisfied with the MyPoints user experience (minus the registration issue mentioned above).
This website is well designed and structured in a simple and easy way. I really liked it due to so many other compensation programs online that went out of its way to be confusing, rude and confusing. To do this, they overwhelm your senses and give you very little value for them. MyPoints has the latest central and promotional promotions, and you can find more offers in the top navigation bar.
Use the service and have a pleasant experience. I can subscribe to a series of offers that allow me to earn points with high speeds.
MyPoints also has amazing mobile apps that are compatible with iOS and Android devices. This is an important feature for a compensation program, since most members who want to earn points are on the go.
The mobile app offers members an easy way to approve these many opportunities. Ah, in short, 100 points automatically just by downloading the app.
How earning points works with MyPoints
Another important advantage of using MyPoints is the points accumulation system. It is not just an online registration system. My Points, on the other hand, offer several ways to earn reward points. Some ways to earn with MyPoints are:
- Taking online surveys
- Watching online videos
- Playing video games
- Shopping through any of the participating retailers
- Using the MyPoints Yahoo! Search engine
- Printing and using in-store coupons
- Reading promotional emails
- Referring a friend to the program
- Participating in local deals and voucher offers
Outstanding MyPoints features
There were several features that stood out to me that set MyPoints apart from other such sites I have tried. Here are a few:
The score is the browser bar integrated into MyPoints. In fact, you will use it when you shop online and your MyPoints account will automatically receive points based on your purchase.
This is a great feature because most people don’t remember using their MyPoints accounts when shopping. Score also brings you coupons, deals, and the latest promotions, making it quick and easy to earn reward points.
I really liked the daily specials feature. Highlight the main promotions available through MyPoints.
It doesn’t have the conveniences of some promotional sites, but it offers members an easy way to earn more points quickly. And that’s really the point, isn’t it?
Shop in store
Another feature that I found extremely useful was the Buy in Store option. Basically this is a very simple way to use your MyPoints reward points.
If you shop at a participating store, you can scan the receipt with your smartphone and pay for the purchase with MyPoints reward points. This is a great opportunity that most reward policies don’t offer.
Points redemption policy
I must say that my points are quite versatile when it comes to exchanges. You can use your reward points as soon as you get 700 points. In most cases, this equates to a $ 5 gift card.
This is a fairly low measure given the competition. What is even more impressive is that some of the offers will allow you to use your reward points instantly. You can then take a survey and get paid right away. This is a useful policy.
Available redemption options
MyPoints reward points can be redeemed in a variety of ways, including:
- Redeem points for real money by transferring them to your prepaid PayPal or Visa account and then to your bank account
- Convert points into airline miles with United MileagePlus accounts
- Shop at participating stores including major brands such as Kohl’s, Old Navy, Target, Walmart, and more
- Excellent Mobile App – Your mobile app is easy to use so you can earn money on your phone or on the internet.
- Simple Redemption Methods – You can use your reward points as soon as you get 700 points. This is the equivalent of a $ 5 gift card in most cases.
- Multiple Ways to Earn Reward Points – You can easily earn rewards by recording, watching videos, and more.
- Great Features for a Great User Experience – The customer service team was helpful and was able to easily fix any issues I was having.
- You may not be able to participate in all surveys – many surveys have terms for disqualification.
- Unnecessary offers – I have noticed that I have sometimes received the same offer several times.
- Difficult check-in process with system issues – Although the customer service team was helpful, the check-in process did not go as smoothly as it could have.